Who We Are - DNMD
Darfur Network for Monitoring and Documentation (DNMD) is an independent, not-for-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) active at the local and national levels in Sudan. DNMD is dedicated to the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental liberties in Darfur and other areas of Sudan and to monitoring and documentation of violations thereof.
Work with us
Uphold Sudan as a peaceful country that embraces diversity and tolerant human societies, where human rights and fundamental freedoms are enjoyed by everybody and that the monitoring, documentation, and reporting (MDR) of human rights violations becomes a public concern and that local human rights defenders are empowered to take a lead in combating human rights violations in Darfur and Sudan at large.
DNMD is dedicated to the promotion of human rights, the respect for the rule of law and helps support a culture of peace and peacebuilding, transitional justice, and equality for all persons within Sudan’s geographic boundaries and jurisdiction regardless of their race, culture, religious creed gender, place of origin or any other background.
- Monitoring, Documentation, and reporting (MDR) of violations of human rights in Darfur and other areas in Sudan.
- Promote accountability for the commission of human rights violations.
- Support efforts of different stakeholders to bring human rights violators to justice.
- Raising awareness and empowering local Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) and Women’s Rights Defenders (WHRDs) in Sudan.
- Providing free Legal Aid Programmes to victims of human rights violations.
- Advocacy to raise the attention of the human rights situation in Darfur and other areas in Sudan at the domestic, regional, and international levels.
- Engage in dialogue with Governments in order to secure respect for all human rights.
- Protection of fundamental human rights among the people of Sudan and developing their leadership qualities to make them active contributors to their society.
- To promote human rights, including freedom of worship.
- Advocacy for the defense of human rights, the promotion of rights and the role of women and the fight against gender-based discrimination ”